Welcome aboard a fascinating journey through the many worlds of Karnataka. Embark on a luxurious voyage of discovery through the Cradle of Stone Architecture.
The Golden Chariot train named after the famous Stone Chariot in Hampi, a world heritage site, in Southern India will travel through timeless Historical Heritage Sites, Resplendent Palaces , Wildlife and Golden Beaches . It's a 7 Nights / 8 Days colorful journey through Mysore, visiting Srirangapatna, Mysore Palace; the Nagarhole National Park (Kabini) and continuing to the historical sites of Shravanabelagola, Belur-the 11th century cradle of Hoysala architecture and a world heritage site, Halebidu, Hampi and thereafter entering into the triangular heritage site of Badami, Pattadakal, Aihole, and finally the Golden Beaches of Goa before ending in Bangalore.
09.00 pm Departure from Bangalore - Yeshwanthpur.
Wine & dine onboard.
08.00 am Drive to Kabini (A World of Wildlife).
10.00 pm Return to train.
08.30 am Mysore sight seeing.
11.00 pm Return to train.
08.40 am Arrival at Hassan.
09.30 am Drive to Halebidu / Belur (A World of Worship).
01.00 pm Board the train & lunch onboard.
04.00 pm Drive to Sravanbelagola and visit famous Jain Temple.
07.00 pm Return to train, dinner onboard.
07.40 pm Departure to TB DAM.
08.30 am Drive up the hill for breakfast.
09.30 am Train to Hospet / Hampi (A World Heritage Site).
01.00 pm Lunch onboard.
03.30 pm Hampi evening session.
07.00 pm Dinner onboard.
08.00 pm Departure to Gadag.
08.30 am Drive to Aihole & Pattadakal.
01.00 -04.00 pm Lunch at Badami Court.
04.00 - 06.00 pm Badami (A World Heritage Site).
07.00 pm Dinner onboard.
08.00 pm Departure to Goa.
09.00 am Drive to Mapple Viva.
12.00 -04.00 pm Lunch & Calangute Beach.
06.00 pm Return to Train.
07.00 pm Departure from Goa.
• Half fare for children between 5 – 12 years of age.
• 10% surcharge for departures on 22 & 29 December 2008.
• Indian passengers can pay in rupees (equivalent amount) at the exchange rate prevalent at the time of payment.
• Tariff is inclusive of travel, full catering (morning tea, breakfast, lunch, evening tea and dinner) conducted sightseeing tour by deluxe coaches, entrance fee and still camera charges at monuments and palaces, cultural programmes, elephant and camel rides, boating to and fro lake palace hotel at udaipur & rickshaw rides.
• Complimentary one bottle of mineral water per person per day on board.
• Tariff does not include liquor, beverages, laundry, video camera charges at monuments and other items of personal nature on board or outside.
• Alteration in itinerary can be made without prior notice due to unavoidable circumstances.
• Laundry service is available at jaipur & jodhpur.
• Foreign exchange facility is available at hotel counters.
• Palace on wheels recommends shopping at state handicrafts emporium only.
• If the group consist of over 50 persons the excursion is divided into two batches. One group follows the normal order of sightseeing while the other covers it in reverse order.
Any international airfares, visa fees*, insurance, expenses of personal nature viz., tips, porterage, table drinks, camera fees, laundry charges etc.
*Tourist visa is mandatory and should be procured prior to arrival into India.
* 20% of ticket value charged for cancellation 35-64 days prior to departure.
* 50% of ticket value charged for cancellation 20-34 days prior to departure.
* 100% of ticket value charged for cancellation 19 days prior to departure.
Golden Triangle, Glimpses of North India Rajasthan, Best of North India, North India Rajasthan, Northern Wonder, Palace on Wheels, Ranthambore Extension, Aurangabad Extension, Goa Extension, Kerala Highlights, Best of Kerala, Best of South India, Southern Splendour, The Golden Chariot, Mararikulam Extension, Taste of East, Eastern Explorer, Sundarbans Extension.